Accredited People Handling training at Level 2
The Level 2 Award in Moving People Safely is a two-day course with external accreditation.
Suitable for new starters and for experienced staff working in roles that require the safe moving of people, particularly in the care sector.
Note that the training has formal assessments for both the theory and practical parts of the qualification.
- The reasons for safe manual handling
- Understanding manual handling risk assessments
- Understanding manual handling principles
- The safe application of manual handling principles
- Understanding the personal safety, health and dignity issues relating to the movement of a person by others
- Understanding how a personal handling plan and risk assessment reduces the risk of injury to
everyone involved in moving a person
- Understanding the principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with moving people
- Be able to apply safe principles when moving a person
There is a practical element to this training and learners should be fully prepared.
Please review our Reasonable Adjustments policy, which is available in the download area at the foot of this page.
Other manual handling course options
Looking for the Level 2 Award in Safe Moving and Handling?
Or perhaps the Manual Handling Key Trainer course?